Updates, News, Service Updates
We are committed to doing our best to ensure the health and safety of our passengers and staff, and ask that you all support us and do the same. Please be mindful of your safety and the safety of those around you.
Face coverings are always required
- We are all responsible!
- We require face covering/masks at all times, including staff. Passengers are responsible for their own masks. Those who remove or refuse to wear face covering may be refused service.
- All passengers and staff are encouraged to abide by the CDC recommended social distancing (6-feet separation), whenever possible. As a mass transit service the ferries are not required to enforce social distancing. Knowing this, please be responsible when considering your own safety and make the decision that is best for you and your family.
- Private water taxis to Fire Island are available for hire. Click here for more info.
- We are ramping up our cleaning procedures, disinfecting boats, common areas and bathrooms between trips.
- New safety measures have been implemented, including the installation of conveniently located hand sanitizer stations and additional ticket collection stations with plexiglass separations. Our valet parking service will have dedicated sanitizing products available, including sanitizing wipes.
- Our freight policy has been updated. Please reference the new guidelines to learn what can and cannot be taken on a passenger ferry. Click here for more info.
We Are Here To Help
We thank you all for your patience, support, and loyalty. It has been our privilege to serve you and we will continue to deliver the best experience we can to our Fire Island communities, businesses, and friends. We are in this together.